- “I just bought this one after reading about wet shaving in ReadyMade Magazine. In addition i bought a shaving brush and a shaving soap bar from ____ …. I just got the best shave of my life. It’s so gentle and i had NO razor burns for the first time in my life! I can’t believe that Gilette has a total hold on the market with those useless triple blades. Old school wet shaving is the way to go! ” P. Bratset
- 5 out of 5 stars: This product is an excellent and inexpensive way to get started on having a better shave with a double edge razor. The razor itself is a high quality and well manufactured product. The variety of sample blades that come with the product are an excellent way to experiment and find what works best for you. If you have never used a double edge traditional razor I hightly encourage you to try one out. I find that I have a much closer and better quality shave using this razor. I also recommend looking into companion bistle brushes and soaps to get the best shave possible at far less the cost than current mass manufacturers are charging for their triple or quad blade over the counter razors. If you visit the home page of this product there is also more information about double edge razor shaving and access to good tutorials. David M, Wichita
- I have had nothing but a great experience with my Retro Razor. It was a really gentle shave and I surprisingly didn’t experience any cuts or irritation. I was skeptical at first since I have always preferred electric shavers, but now I am hooked on these. I was impressed with the quick and helpful responses from the seller when I had pre-purchase questions. Will be buying another one this father’s day! Mark David Horner
- “I love the razor. Unfortunately, I now spend my time looking for new creams, balms, lotions, etc for my new addiction…I can’t believe the change already. The chronic bumps and irritations have all but disappeared!” Jed J. Local Buyer from Vashon, Washington
- I’ve historically shaved with a Mach 3 or other multi-blade disposable razor. I’ve been shaving with my Retro Razor now for several weeks. I was concerned that I’d get more nicks and cuts, or razor burn, but that hasn’t been the case. I really like the “heft” of the razor. It makes it easier to control the motion of the blade across the skin. This old skool razor does require a little practice. It helps to “tighten the skin” a bit with your free hand to get the closest possible shave. I also recommend slowing down the process. I may have shaved the same location several times with my old razor and that was what led to the burn. If I go slow with the retro razor, I get a close shave without the burn and nicks. If you try this razor and it gives the type of shaving experience you appreciate, then there is no doubt it will save you money in the long run. Replacement razors are significantly cheaper than multi-blade disposables. G. Maynard, Seattle
- 5 out of 5 stars: 20 years ago when I started to shave I used double edge blades. In the 90’s, I started to stress shave using cartridge razors. I never really liked those cartridge razors. A shave from a Gilette Fusion or Wilkinson Xtreme was never as close as I wanted it to be. Blades were expensive and not durable. Shaving was not fun anymore. A couple of weeks ago I decided to go back to good old DE. I bought Weishi razor, some Feather blades and Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream and got pleasantly surprised. Shaving with this Weishi razor was pure joy. The razor is not overly aggressive but with ultra sharp Feather blades I could achieve very close shave, much closer than with any cartridge blades I’ve ever tested. This is a highly recommended product.”Muxamed, Sweden”
- 5.0 out of 5 stars Better shave than disposables!, by happy listener
It is truly amazing. No razor burns, no bleeding and no need to use bandages. Very smooth comfortable shave. Use a Weishi safety razor; a good shave cream like King of Kings is a good addition and a balm rather than a alcohol based after shave and you have the ingredients for an a great shave. There is also a video lesson on the internet on to shave with a double edge shave and I would highly recommend watching this video. The forums on the internet give [RetroRazor] Weishi a high rating for quality, balance and gentleness. Many experts compare this to the old Gilette Super Speed only better in weight, balance and performance. A great engineered razor for the money. Also the travel case is nifty for trips.
- 5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Price Nice Shave By amodies (Columbus, OH)
This razor is an excellent low cost choice for anyone interested in giving wet shaving a chance. I’ve been using this razor for several shaves now and I’m very pleased. It may not end up being my long time wet shave razor, but it’s a cost effective and safe way to learn the lost art of the wet shave. Only thing to keep in mind if you tighten the handle down too much, the blade becomes slightly bent and doesn’t provide a real close shave. Just something for the newbies like me. Once I figured that out, my second shave was extremely close and with much less irritation than the new multiple razor cartridges.
- 5 out of 5: “In our world it seems to be go go go! With this beauty I take my time and enjoy the shaving process again. The razor is well balanced and the blades are very forgiving. Have also tried the Derby and the Feather blades with my RetroRazor with great success. Excellent value and quality. ” Reviewed by Meridith
- 5 out of 5: “Excellent product and excellent bargain.” Rated by Buyer: stardreamers
- “What a relief to find that the traditional double-blade razor and blades are still around. I get an even better shave with this razor than I did with the modern contraptions. I might be classified as a shaving geek, but this system has restored to me the pleasure of the daily shaving routine. I also recommend getting a mug, brush, and shaving soap to complete the traditional experience.” G Newman
- 5 out of 5: “The shipping of my razor was really fast and it was just standard shipping. It arrived in perfect condition and I got a really nice letter thanking me for my business. I will do business with RetroRazor in the future for sure. These guys are great!” Rated by Buyer: David A.
And here are more:
RetroRazor Product Reviews
RetroRazor Seller Reviews